Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware, is an old English proverb. We bring it up because fake Arundel carbon cages exist in the market. These weasels normally don’t fake our plastic cages or other Arundel goods, so don’t worry too much about that, knock on wood. Here’s a guide to spotting fakes:
- If the price is a great deal, beware.
- If the Arundel header card isn’t included, beware.
- If the unique Arundel stainless fasteners are not included with a carbon cage, beware.
- If the Arundel production code isn’t under the lower tab, beware
- If the advert copy incudes misspellings or odd English usage, beware.
“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”- Oscar Wilde.